Whether you plan to make your Easter different than the previous year, Don’t be hesitate to place an unusual Easter at home. Unusual Easter ornament would make unforgettable atmosphere on your home for your visitors. One of unusual ornament that you should try is place this D.I.Y Easter decoration, the Wreath Grass Eggs around. This unique ornament would give warm atmosphere of spring insides. So, your visitors would start to think that they are comfort and enjoy to celebrate their Easter with you. This ornament also easy to make, you may growth it on your own at home.
Before you start, preparation the main material is require. You may use standard fresh brown eggs or any unused rotten eggs from local farmers that you get in a cheaper price.
There are a lot tutorial methods on how to make the DIY Wreath Grass Eggs done. However, in this article I would to share the easiest how to make it done below.
Chop the top of the eggs as a place of the seeds. Then, covers with seed and soil to make them protected. Wait in a certain time, it takes a few days or a week until the predicted sprout grown up.
In the end, those process above results a green-topped eggs. At least all of a dozen already sprouted a cheery green on the tops. Then, the D.I.Y Easter decoration is ready to serve.
However, if you don’t get the point on the short explanation of how to growth a grass on eggs above. I would give the further explanation below.
The following Materials:
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of potting soil
- 1 cup (or so) of hard winter wheat
- Dish soap
- Hand drill or needle
- Crack the top of each egg carefully, take the cracked shell apart from the main egg. Then, enlarge the cracked hole on the egg until it’s big enough. Whether you use a fresh egg, slip out the yolk and the white on the right place (a sunny side egg or omelet are recommending to dealing with inner part of the egg)
- Wash the inside part of the egg use warm water and a bit of dish soap to make it completely clear.
- Make drainage hole on the bottom of the egg. (a small hand drill or a needle are necessary) to make free from any bushy mess on a grass.
- Mix 2 cups of potting soil with a bit of water then put it on each egg around with a soil.
- The next step is cover the top of the soil with a single layer of hard winter wheat. Then, make a sure that the wheat covers all of the visible soil. Especially for the thick grass. It makes your grass more-lush compare to the one uncover it.
- The last step is water them and put on sunny window. Water daily. Until it sprouted up, on my trial, I had green shoots on three days.
In short, all of those following steps on these further explanations are easy to learn even for those never done with any DIY process before. Otherwise, whether you want different design of this D.I.Y Easter decoration, you may plan a wheat besides grass to make a sub-tropical atmosphere on your Easter situation.