Choosing the house paint color is one of the most dilemma decision ever. Due the desirable color are not suitable the location or the desirable color is hard to find on the store. Further, when you give a responsibility for choosing the paint color to the architect then you will be afraid that i won’t represent your character. In addition, when face a situation like this you don’t need to worried anymore.
Here I would like to give you some tips on choosing the right color for your house painting.
All of these tips are proofed useful to help you to choose suitable paint for your house.
01. Don’t Pick The Color First
The biggest mistake on choosing color for the house is believe that completing the biggest point first is better. In the other hand, it will be better for you if you pick the furniture color first then the house paint color. You might matches the house paint color with the furniture color to get better appearance.
02. Start To Find A References
When you still considering about which color that you should take on your house. There are a lot of references outside there.
In addition, you might maintain Pinterest to observe about the suitable paint colors. You can make a board for each room and start spinning room that catch your eye. Repeat this process until you find the suitable one.
Besides, you can start to observe anyone around you. Sometimes the suitable color for your house come from any stuff around you.
Don’t be afraid to explore any stuff around you to get the perfect color.
03. Choose Neutral Color
This steps is suitable for those who likes simple and easy designs. Instead of whirl their brain. They choose neutral color to prettify their house appearance. Neutral color will give simple attraction on your house without hassling your head.
04. Create Spot Tester
The other way to choosing the right color for your house is create a tester in a few colors/shades. You can get this on the local building store.
Then, Apply those testers in a few different color in a few different so that you can see how the light hits at the different times of the day.
Further, To get better results of tester, try to apply it on the much larger area as you can.
05. Test Your Color Matches Between The Wall And The Furniture
Besides, test your color on the wall. You can set a piece of paint on the poster board then place the board over your table,sofa, or another furniture to see the color connection among them.
06. Take The Right Color Sheen
There are a lot of sheen that emitted from many variant of the colors. Then, here is the guide on choosing the right sheen:
- Flat (Matte): No shine at all. Perfect for for low traffic areas like living rooms and bedrooms, as well as ceilings.
- Flat Enamel: Has almost no shine but is a bit easier to clean than flat paint. This is also perfect for low traffic areas but may be a better choice if you have kids or pets.
- Eggshell Enamel: Has a tiny bit of shine and is a good choice for moderate traffic areas such as living rooms. In my experience most scuffs can be wiped off of this surface with a damp cloth.
- Satin Enamel: Has a bit more shine and works well in high traffic areas or areas that have moisture. It is also super wipeable which is why it is perfect for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Semi-Gloss Enamel: Shiny but not glass-like. This is what you should use on cabinets and trim, or in really high moisture areas.
- Hi-Gloss Enamel: Shiny! This gives an almost glass-like finish and is perfect for high use surfaces (like a railing) or furniture.
07. Understand The Tones
On this steps you might maintain the darkest color to paint the strip to help you to discover the right color.
08. Set A Theme On You House
Adding a theme on your house will help you to choose the suitable color on your house. Adding a theme also help you to find a color connection between the furniture and the wall.
In short, understanding the method on choosing the right color will help you to make a decision about the best one. Then, How about you guys? have you try this steps already ?